Pixel Wave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing

5 posters

Go down

about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing Empty about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing

Post by Manny Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:49 am

i think it's kinda stupid. i mean, do you know how many FUCKING laws there are in america? if i miss one and say that i never knew about it, i get locked in the slammer for a fucking year.

you should at least be warned when you do it the first time. feel free to agree or disagree.
Manny
Manny

Wank : 0

Back to top Go down

about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing Empty Re: about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing

Post by superflyjs Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:22 am

what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong, you should know the laws of mankind as a human
superflyjs
superflyjs
Admin

Back to top Go down

about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing Empty Re: about this whole "ignorance of the law is no excuse" thing

Post by coty-crg Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:36 am

superflyjs wrote:what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong, you should know the laws of mankind as a human
coty-crg
coty-crg

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm

that's not what i'm talking about.

let's say i'm from botswana and in my country we're allowed to smoke weed.

i move to america, take my weed with me, smoke it, and bam, i'm locked up in the slammer. i tell 'em i never knew that smoking weed was illegal, then they tell me "ignorance of the law is no excuse". now call me crazy, but i don't think that all of mankind knows that weed is generally illegal.
Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by cover-Tom Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 pm

what the judge says is always right
cover-Tom
cover-Tom

Wank : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylph Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:09 pm

kangaroo courts serve the biased man "justice"
Sylph
Sylph

Wank : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyjs Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am

Manny wrote:that's not what i'm talking about.

let's say i'm from botswana and in my country we're allowed to smoke weed.

i move to america, take my weed with me, smoke it, and bam, i'm locked up in the slammer. i tell 'em i never knew that smoking weed was illegal, then they tell me "ignorance of the law is no excuse". now call me crazy, but i don't think that all of mankind knows that weed is generally illegal.
you're going to move to america without knowing the laws?
superflyjs
superflyjs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 pm

...gah, i guess what i'm saying is that there are too many rules for americans to remember.
Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by cover-Tom Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:12 am

and what are you going to do about it
this is litter ally just you complaining about things you really shouldn't.
adjectives make it better
cover-Tom
cover-Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:35 pm

give me one good reason why i shouldn't complain about this.

i'm pretty sure it isn't against the rules here for me NOT to express my opinion on something.

Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by cover-Tom Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm

because there are many other things that are actually worth complaining about, but then again, your to busy complaining about the slightest thing that disrupts you from smoking your weed.

not to mention the fact complaining about it on the internet isn't going to do anything but any people. hell, complaining anywhere is going to annoy people
cover-Tom
cover-Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm

lol i don't smoke, and i only used the weed thing as an example.

and how isn't this worth complaining about? this has to do with america's laws, laws which can directly affect us. call me loony, but i think that's worth talking about.

and dude, this is just something i wanted to talk about. can't i talk about whatever i want here? jeez. and i don't see anyone annoyed so far with my "complaining".
Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by cover-Tom Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:42 am

you are loony. the fact that there are too many laws to remember is hardly a worthy problem. what you dont seem to understand is that i'm telling you there are so many worse problems, yet you complain about something so small. it makes you sound spoiled.

you can't expect to state an opinion without having people disagree with it you fuck.

i'm annoyed that your that spoiled.
cover-Tom
cover-Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

hardly a worthy problem? you could get arrested and probably do some hard time for breaking a rule you didn't even know about. i never knew injustice was "hardly a worthy problem".

and i already know that there are other problems, but this one just happened to hit my mind and i decided to talk about it. i can't fucking rant about every problem in this world, dude.

Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by cover-Tom Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm

its your job to fucking know about it. what the fuck are you even complaining about? the fact that their are too many rules for you to remember?

it isn't injustice, upon entering the country you are expected to follow the law. wtf do you expect them to do? let you go because your a beaner and didn't know?
you don't need to rant about every problem, just the important ones. not something like "dur hur i cant remember all the laws, mommy go do something about it"
now your going to come up with a half brained response taking the above quote to literally.
cover-Tom
cover-Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Manny Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am

my job? lol, so if i don't know about it, will i get laid off? and how can you not know what i've been complaining about? can't you read the previous posts?

and all i'm saying is this, if a person breaks a law they didn't know about, they should get off with at least a warning or a fine or something. personally, i never had a problem with the law, but i made this to address the possibility of what could happen with this kind of problem.

and once again, how is this not an important problem? you still have the balls to say that after i explained how it was a big problem?

lol, i like how cocky, know-it-alls try to anticipate another person's moves, but end up looking like fools.

AND ANOTHER THING

why the fuck should i be limited to ranting about a select spectrum of problems? why can't i come in here and rant about how i hit my head on a tree or something?
Manny
Manny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum